Isabel Tannenberg advises clients in the field of real estate and investment tax law, in particular with regard to VAT, trade tax, real estate transfer tax and real estate tax. The focus of her work lies on the tax and corporate advise of national and international investors, open-end and closed-end real estate funds, insurance companies and project developers within the context of real estate transactions and structurings. Furthermore, she gives tax advice on (hotel) lease agreements and supports her clients in and out of court.
Legal studies in Leipzig with the focus on tax law (2002 - 2008)
Judicial clerkship at the German fiscal administration (Finanzverwaltung) and the Financial Court of Saxony (Sächsisches Finanzgericht) (2008 – 2010)
Admitted as German lawyer (2011) and since then with KUCERA (practice group Real Estate Taxation)
Admitted as German tax adviser (2015)
Partner at KUCERA, practice group Real Estate Taxation (2019)
Languages: German and English
- Tax advise to a special fund (Spezialfonds) on the sale of retail markets with a volume of approx. EUR 344m
- Tax advise on the acquisition of a portfolio of 4 IntercityHotels (share deal)
- Tax advise on the acquisition of the LANXESS Arena in Cologne for a Chinese family office
- Tax advise to B&B Hotels GmbH on the sale of an extensive hotel portfolio under a sale-and-lease-back/development model
- Tax advise to Hatfield Philips International Limited on the side of the mortgage creditor in connection with the sale and foreclosure of Quelle complex in Nuremberg
- Tax advise to RREEF Investment GmbH in connection with acquisition of "Deutsche Bank Campus Berlin" for the open-end real estate fund "grundbesitz europa"
- Tax advise to Arminius Moat (Luxemburg) S.à r.l. on acquisition of "Mars Portfolio"